The collection of bicycle sharing systems datasets are available for over 50 cities across the world. Each dataset comprises of:
Repeated observations of numbers of bicycles and empty spaces available at each of the docking stations that comprise the city's primary bicycle sharing system. The observations are collected from the system's data feed at generally 2 minute intervals. Some older data were collected at 10 minute intervals.
- Summary observations of the numbers of bicycles reported as being available in the system, at generally the same frequency as the individual docking station observations.
- Locations, operator IDs and names of former and current docking stations in the system.
- A summary analysis and graph, showing how the numbers of bicycles available has varied with time, based on this data.
Notes: The data is supplied with UK (GMT or BST) timestamps. Researchers would need to convert this to local time, bearing in mind that the UK observes daylight savings time with different switchover dates than some other countries.
Data is available for the following collection of cities:
|Nantes||New York City||Paris||Philadelphia|
Data and Resources
- Bicycle Sharing System Docking Station Observations Data Profilepdf
Bicycle Sharing System Docking Station Observations Data Profile
- Bicycle Sharing System Docking Station Observations - City Coveragepdf
Individual city-level information and metadata for each bike sharing system...
|Release Date|| |
|Geographical Coverage Location|| |
Minimum Temporal Unit